Soliton Detailed Specifications
|Soliton 1||Soliton Jr||Soliton Shiva|
|Peak motor and battery current:||1000A||600A||3000A|
|Continuous motor and battery current:||1000A||450-500A||3000A|
|Battery voltage range:||9-340V||8-425V|
|Switching frequency:||8/14 kHz||8 kHz|
- Thermal derating smoothly reduces allowed current with temperature
- Main contactor and precharge/discharge control built-in!
- Splash-proof (approx. IP55 rated) nickel plated aluminum enclosure.
- Rugged design based on 600V industrial IGBT modules.
- High reliability 600V film capacitors in the power stage – no electrolytics!
- 1.5V max voltage drop at max output current (0.8V is typical).
- PID loop to idle the traction motor (for A/C, automatic transmissions, etc.).
- State-of-the-art laminated bus structure extracts maximum performance from the IGBTs by reducing noise, ringing and spikes.
- Full optical isolation between traction battery and 12V system.
- Fully configurable with an ordinary web browser!
- Performance data continuously streamed to the ethernet port.
- Throttle directly controls motor current (torque) for a natural driving feel.
- Motor current ramp rate can be set from 100A/s to 25kA/s.
- Randomized pulse-skipping (“dithering”) maintains precise control of motor current all the way down to 0A for smooth starts and easy low speed driving without emitting an annoying whine.
- Switching frequency selectable between 8kHz (Performance) and 14kHz (Quiet).
- All low voltage connections protected against reverse polarity, spikes and treat 5V as maximum but tolerate up to 15V for convenience.
- Tachometer input (1, 2, 3, 4, 6 pulses per revolution) for protecting against overspeed and idling automatic transmissions, a/c compressors, etc.
- Brake input overrides throttle when active for added safety.
- Reverse input reduces max throttle and motor voltage when active.
- (3) programmable inputs (analog/digital) for reverse, throttle limit, start, etc.
- (3) programmable outputs for driving analog meters, cooling pump control, etc.
- Error light output can directly drive the “Check Engine” light in the dash.
- 3D CAD drawings of both controllers for planning installation ahead of time.
- And, perhaps most importantly, we constantly strive to improve our products and add new features and functions!